Friday, July 27, 2007

Stuff

How is it that stuff multiplies?

I have so MUCH stuff, I thought I needed to purge. Thus the HUGE Kanarbage Sale last year, and the enormous Garage Sale. I must have eliminated 3/4 of my fabric stash, half my kitchen stuff, 3/4 of my Kanarbage, plus household stuff and more!

So now, I have A TON OF STUFF!

I am packing box after box thinking, how in the @#$@# did I get weighed down by so much?

At this point, I have decided to let go.

LET GO.

All these belongings, with value and worth, too good to use, for fear of breaking. Too good to throw out, but unused. Doubles or triples of stuff, just in case one breaks. BOXES of stuff to remember things by. This trend must end, and I am going to spend the next year purging.

Did I mention I am now an eBay Guru?

My hope is to clear out, while making enough $$$ on the side to build a second story onto my house, and finish my barn. Tons of other house projects too, but those are the main ones.

I will begin once I arrive in Michigan, and my goal is to empty and settle One box every two days. I will set up three boxes, into which I will sort. One is the eBay Box. One is the Consignment box. And one is the Garage Sale box. Of course I will save a few of my treasures, but the goal is to eliminate enough VOLUME so that I can enjoy my special pieces.

Todd is skeptical, but I know I can do it. I can't live around all this stuff anymore.

Gracie

No comments: